Since one of WTB’s goals is to educate ourselves, getting involved in the WTB Book Club is a great way to do that. Many of the books focus on social issues or the impact of faith in our world today. You’ll learn a lot from the perspectives of women of many faiths and traditions. Plus, it’s just a great way to get to know others involved in WTB.
You don’t have to come to the Book Club every month, but join us when you can. Call Jennifer Roberts Crittenden at 315-633-2817 and let her know you’re interested. She will give you information about the Zoom login.
Looking for a good book to read? For a variety of excellent choices, check our list of books discussed in past years by our Book Club here.
2021 Book List
Our book club meetings continue via Zoom generally on the second Monday of the month from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
- Jan. 11 – The Island of Sea Women, by Lisa See
- Feb. 8 – The Book of Longings, by Sue Monk Kidd
- Mar. 8 – India Calling, by Anand Giridharadas
- Apr. 12 – The Boat People, by Sharon Bala
- May 10 – The Yellow House, by Sharon Broom
- Jun. 14 – A Place for Us, by Fatima Farheen Mirya
- Jul. 12 – Caste, by Isabel Wilkerson
- Aug. 9 – A Giver of Stars, by JoJo Moyes
- Sept. 13 – The Making of a Racist, by Charles Dew
- Oct. 11 – North of Dawn, by Nuruddin Farah
For information, contact Jennifer Roberts Crittenden, 315-633-2817.