Since one of WTB’s goals is to educate ourselves, getting involved in the WTB Book Club is a great way to do that. Many of the books focus on social issues or the impact of faith in our world today. You’ll learn a lot from the perspectives of women of many faiths and traditions. Plus, it’s just a great way to get to know others involved in WTB.
You don’t have to come to the Book Club every month, but come when you can. Call Jennifer Roberts Crittenden at 315-633-2817 and let her know you’re interested. Jennifer will give you the location of the current meeting. The Book Club generally meets on the evening of the 4th Monday of the month, but sometimes the days/times vary during winter. You’ll read the book beforehand and then discuss it at an informal evening gathering at one woman’s home.
Looking for a good book to read? For a variety of excellent choices, check our list of books discussed in past years by our Book Club here.
2019 Book List and Meeting Dates
- Jan. 28: Fruit of the Drunken Tree by Ingrid Rojas Contreras
- Feb. 25: Cancelled due to bad weather
- Mar. 25: The Milk Lady of Bangalore by Shoba Narawan
- Apr. 22: The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid (Fiction)
- May 20: Cancelled
- June 24: The Monk of Mokha by Dave Eggers (Non-fiction)
- July 22: God’s Hotel: A Doctor, a Hospital, and a Pilgrimage to the Heart of Medicine by Victoria Sweet (Non-fiction)
- Aug. 26: Butterfly Mosque: A Young American Woman’s Journey to Love and Islam by Willow Wilson (Non-fiction)
Sep. 23: The Girl in the Blue Coat
Oct. 28: The Embattled Ladies of Little Rock
Dec. 2: Ayesha at Last
Jan. 27, 2020: Evicted
For information about meeting location, contact Jennifer Roberts Crittenden, 315-633-2817.